Nothing makes a movie greater than a strong villain. And, when this role is played right, these villains become etched into our minds for eternity. When their famous lines are used in everyday conversations, and everyone gets the references, you know you have a timeless villain. But who is the best of all time?
The discussion of who is the best movie villain of all time is sure to ruffle the feathers of avid movie buffs. For this poll, Poll Smash has limited the field to five (if you are unsatisfied with contestants, let us know in our forum or create your own related poll). Four of these five were taken from the top five of the American Film Institute’s selection of the 100 Greatest Villains. The other, we felt, could not be left out. So, we chopped out Nurse Ratchet and replaced her with the Joker.
Before you vote, Poll Smash has given you one memorable quote from each of these villains. Enjoy!
1. Hannibal Lecter – “Amputate a man’s leg and he can still feel it tickling. Tell me, mum, when your little girl is on the slab, where will it tickle you?”
2. Darth Vader – “I am your father!”
3. Wicked Witch of the West – “Hello, my pretty.”
4. Norman Bates – “She might have fooled me, but she didn’t fool my mother”
5. The Joker – “Do you want to know why I use a knife? You see, guns are too quick. You can’t savor all of the little…emotions. In their last moments, people show you who they really are. So in a way…I knew your friends better than you ever did. Would you like to know which of them were cowards?”
Okay. There are your candidates, and one small piece of their twisted minds. Now, go vote!